Folder Structure of download completely hosed

If you found a bug, please report it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cookiedude
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Folder Structure of download completely hosed

Postby cookiedude » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi,

it's great to see an actively maintained (and free!) Usenet client for OS X out there, so more power to you!
However, I downloaded a large file, that unfortunately wasn't an .iso or similar, but instead a folder that contained all the various files in subfolders etc. NZBin decided to remove all the subfolders and put everything in the *nzb file name* folder it created, rendering the download useless for me.
Maybe I can resolve this issue by unchecking an option, but as it stands it was very frustrating for me, since the download took 2+ hours.

Happy to provide more info over PM, if needed.

Andre

Re: Folder Structure of download completely hosed

Postby Andre » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi,

Good point and sorry to hear the download was useless.
What you need is an option for recursive extraction to keep the directory structure intact.

This will be included in the next release.
Regards,
André

cookiedude

Postby cookiedude » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:52 pm

While we're at it, I would also prefer if NZBin didn't create a new folder per nzb file, instead just dumping it all into the specified folder (Downloads, in my case). Admittedly, this is a minor issue.

Andre

Postby Andre » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:36 pm

I'll see what I can do.
Regards,
André

Somps

Postby Somps » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 am

I'm not sure if this is the same problem. I used to be able to download just fine, but now, on every download or almost every download, the folder that is downloaded is always 64 files and the same size and a lot of files in one folder. While downloading, if I go to the folder where it is in progress, I see the correct data. I just updated NZBin today and tried with the same result. For now, until this issue is resolve, is there sth that I can uncheck so that I can get the correct folder before it is replaced with the wrong one? The result is always PC files being that it has exe extensions, so I know it is incorrect being that I am downloading a DMG file for the Mac. tThank you.

Andre

Postby Andre » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:10 am

I'll send a new version to apple today, that includes recursive extraction.

Keep in mind that apple checks all new releases first before they become available on the app store. That process takes up to one week.
Regards,
André

Andre

Postby Andre » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 am

Regards,
André

Somps

Postby Somps » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:24 pm

I turned off automatic extraction and it gives me the file in the downloaded area as the correct file now. I'll look for an NZB that I tried the other day.
Last edited by Somps on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somps

Postby Somps » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 pm

I am new. It gives me a message that I can't compose a message yet, until I participate more.

Andre

Postby Andre » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 am

Regards,
André