feature request

Missing a feature in NZBin? This is the place to let us know.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rz1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

feature request

Postby rz1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I'd like to add the following feature request. Unison does this, and that's what I'm moving from.

Have the option to "create top-level newsgroup folders" (that's what Unison calls it)

Basically this means if the file you're downloading is from the group "alt.binaries.whatever", if you select the option, it will create a sub-folder wherever you told NZBin to download your files called "alt.binaries.whatever" (if it doesn't already exist) and put those files there. This is very helpful if you tend to download all types of files (mp3s, movies, pictures, programs, etc). Instead of having everything in one location, it gets broken into subfolders that are easy to figure out what's in there based on the title of the folder.

Love your program so far. Unison is/was a steaming pile of crap that they thankfully stopped working on. I think they crippled the last version.

Andre

Re: feature request

Postby Andre » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:07 am

Do you want NZBin to import the newsgroup from the NZB file and create a subfolder with that name where it stores downloaded the files?

And what about crossposts? Files are mostly crossposted in several newsgroups so the newsgroup name inside the NZB file shall be something like: alt.binaries.boneless,alt.binaries.misc,alt.binaries.nl. What would you like to use as subfolder in such case?
Regards,
André

rz1

Postby rz1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:39 pm

I've never actually looked at an NZB file before, but I guess that's how it would work. For cross-posted files, just pick whichever group is first. That's how Unison appears to do it.

Again, it's not an urgent request, but it would be nice. I've been using your program for a week now, and it is so much better at handling NZB files. Keep up the great work!

Andre

Postby Andre » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do.
Regards,
André